Learn nursing Spanish with the only accredited nursing program in all of Latin America.
AEC Spanish Institute has designed a special, nurse-specific Spanish program. This ANCC approved program has been carefully tailored to meet the needs of nurses who work with Spanish-speaking patients and their families. AEC’s Nursing Spanish Program is a full immersion program in which working nurses can earn CEU’s while learning healthcare specific language skills in Costa Rica.
This program will give nurses the ability to converse with Spanish speaking patients in a convalescent hospital setting or clinic environment. The program’s goal is to develop or improve a nurse’s Spanish language abilities in the workplace. Students enrolled in the Nursing Spanish Program will learn standard Spanish in 4 hour morning classes each day. They will be placed in one of nine different levels based on their individual Spanish proficiency.
After fours hours of Spanish classes in the morning, the nursing component will proceed in the afternoon. The afternoon sessions will total six hours per week. These sessions are designed to accommodate all levels of language ability.
- Only accredited nursing program in all of Latin America
- Accredited by both ANCC and California BRN
- 32 Contact hours per week
- Designed for beginning level students
- Can be combined with 16 hr Standard
- The complete Nursing Spanish Program is offered at our Turrialba Campus.
- A private Nursing Spanish Program available at our Arenal Campus.
- Nursing specific vocabulary and terminology
- Lessons on the Latino culture and its importance in healthcare
The class time is supplemented with the addition of medical site visitations to a local Costa Rican clinic, and/or a senior convalescent hospital. Talks with Costa Rican staff are also scheduled once a week where specific areas of interest to individual students can be discussed.
How to Register
Contact our registration coordinator, Jeff Garrison, for more information and assistance with booking your course sessions.
For calls places from within the U.S., please call:
For international calls, please call:
Please fill out our inquiry form one of our knowledgeable representatives will get back to you within one business day.